It’s time for the BEST READS OF THE YEAR awards!
1) These are all books I read for the first time in 2012, though they were not necessarily published in 2012.
2) Books that aren’t coming out until 2013 are not eligible, even if I read them this year.
3) Books are listed in no particular order. It was hard enough to choose a top five in many categories… there’s no way I can RANK them. *pulls out hair*
4) I am not allowed to choose more than five books per category, though I can choose fewer, if I didn’t read enough things I loved enough to merit an award. Because I am like the Pulitzer committee.
5) Books may receive more than one award if they deserve it. [Read more…]